Stamping on my layout

Have you ever stamped on your layout?  I know it's quick common to stamp on a card, and I'm absolutely loving my new found digital stamp obsession, but I'd never thought of stamping on a layout.  I've stamped the odd title once or twice, but today, I want to share with you how I made some designer looking paper/cardstock.

First I took some Bazzill cardstock and bent and folded it in a few places - anywhere is good, I chose around the corners and where it could be seen once I added the patterned paper.  Then I flattened my paper on my table and gave the folds a good sanding.  This helped to highlight the ridges.  Then I picked out an Imaginisce stamp (a camera) and my red Martha Stewart inks and went to work.  I randomly stamped the camera image around the edge of my cardstock, making sure that they looked random and not lined up.  Once happy with the effect I added my patterned paper and sewed a border around it.  I also roughed it up a bit, giving it some distressing and tearing.  I finished off adding all my photos, embellishments and journalling then went back and added some bling to the flash and lens parts of the cameras that I had previously stamped.

I used a Page Maps sketch for this layout.

Here you can see he stamped camera - the bling gives it a little sparkle.  I used some letter stickers for the title and the little tree was popped up using some foam dots.

1 comment

  1. Oh your blog IS SOOO cute. I love how you stamped on your layour for a background look. That is adorable!

    Keep up the great work.

    Have a great weekend and thanks for following and checking out my blog!

    Ally

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo