Family

We're all about Bella Blvd over at Practical Scrappers this week!

I have been thinking about my family a lot this past week - my Nana passed away suddenly and I felt very far away and unable to do anything to help.  I also felt very far away from my own mum and was unable to be with her either. With all this going on I couldn't help but think of my family, and wish I lived closer to spend more time with them, or even ring them more often just to hear their voice.  You never really know when you won't be able to again.  So I did some scrapping - about my family - from when I got to attend my brother's 21st birthday party.  Nothing was going to keep me away from that - even though he's about 800km away.  We packed up the two girls and headed out on our road trip up to Mum & Dad's and were greated by more family and friends when we got there.  It was the most awesome weekend!  So much catching up, talking, laughing and reminiscing.
In the top photo is: My cousin Arran, my sister Mel, my brother Nick and Me.  The bottom photo is my brother in-law Andrew, my brother Nick and my hubby Jas.

I used a Page Maps sketch for this layout, and the papers and stickers I used are from Bella Blvd. The black shaped background was made by me out of Bazzill cardstock.  I used a little trick with this layout.  The paper I used had these little strips of colour on them, so I chose the orange strip and cut it up along the scallops to spread it out a little over the orange bazzill strip that I had.  This is how I got the orange patterned effect on the left of the layout.
Here's a close up.  You can see the strips that I cut along the scallops a little easier here.  The title Family Love was already printed on the orange strip, and the tree is a sticker that I raised on 3D foam dots and athen added stickles to.
For the journaling, I used a Bella Blvd stamp on some patterned paper.  Then I just had to fill it in.  The stickers are autumn/fall themed, but their colours are perfect for this layout.  The scallops you see are a sticker strip.

No comments

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo