Why do I scrap?

I am absolutely passionate about scrapping - probably because one day I'll lose my mind and need a picture book about my life!  I wish I had photos of my parents doing everyday things, the same goes for my grandparents.  I love geneology and learning all about other peoples lives and times.  I guess scrapbooking helps to leave my mark on the world, it freezes time, and keeps treasures and memories safe.

There's also a fun side, I love creating things, and scrapping is my favourite outlet for all things crafty!  I've also met so many wonderuful people online through scrapping and even gained employment because of it!

This layout was created for the NSD all day challenge - but due to time differences between me and sb.com there was no way I was going to get it done on time, but I wanted to do it to add it to my BOM.  I've never scrapped photos of my space before and I knew I had these pictures floating around!  I think this paper from Imaginisce is perfect cause it has pictures, cameras and the phrase "make memories" all over it.  I used a Page Maps sketch for inspiration and altered it a little.

 
Here's a little closeup of the chipboard "W" that I painted and then tied a ribbon around.  It's raised off the page with 3D foam dots.
 
These are a few of my favourite things in scrapping, my personal cutter (my first indulgence when I started scrapping), film (cause I used to use my SLR but not so much now I have a digital), flowers and blingy brads, my new Cuttlebug die - the scissors which I adhered to the page with a pink brad, so they actually work like scissors, and of course crayons adorned in Stickles and a handprint (for leaving my mark).
 
If you scrap - why, why is it important to you?

1 comment

  1. awesome idea for a LO! I scrap for the same reasons you do.. To leave the memories.. and for me to look back on. I do that periodically and it motivates me to want to scrap more day to day things. The things that matter the most, really. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo