Eggceptional artwork!

I absolutely love Easter, the colours, the crafts and just spending time with the girls outdoors!  This year Sophia really got to join in with the festivities and even did a spot of painting.  We popped her in her booster chair at the table, gave her a little foam egg and some paints and let her go!  She loved it.  I still can't get over the fact that she can natually hold the brush (and any pen, pencil or crayon) correctly and really takes her time to draw and paint!  Amber loves arty crafty things too and painted an assortment of eggs in all different shades.  She then went on to add ribbons and stickers.  Sophia went on to tasting the paint and giving herself blue lipstick!

This layout was created for Practical Scrappers Friday Sketch which was created by the talented Heidi

I started off my layout with a really pretty piece of paper, then I used my corner rounder punch and created scallops around the entire piece of paper.  To do this, I started in the corner and made them round, then worked my way into the middle of each side to keep them even. Then I started layering on different scraps, doodled some borders and created my title and journalling strips.  Some of the elements are raised, some are blinged and I ran my main photo through my cuttlebug using one of the dies my friend Candace sent me.  I created swirly corner cut-outs that are highlighted with the background paper.


 
This photo shows how I raised the retro-square a little, and layered some flowers and a blingy brad.  The title is from one sticker sheet, and each letter has something written in a different font on it.  I also inked around the journalling strips to help them stand out.  The background paper is sparkly, but the photo doesn't pick it up.

 
You can see the corner decoration that I cut out with my Cuttlebug (I love that little bug!) - plus the blingy arrow that I very nearly tossed cause it kept sticking to itself and I couldn't get it just right!  I use the Kaisercraft brand, and when you peel them off the backing sheet, they just come off in one blingy line!  Then you have to try and stick it back down the way it's supposed to go - other brands tend to have clear "joiners" to keep the product in the correct shape which I then carefully cut off with my knife - I definitely recommend bling with joiners!

7 comments

  1. What a beautiful layout!! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a sensational layout, just love that great mix of colours and yoru dd holds the brush perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aweee that is so cool she was able to participate this year.. Before you know it she will be doing it with her own kids...they sure do grow up way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, love your take on the sketch! beautiful! Thank you so much for playing with us at Practical Scrappers~!

    hugs ♥
    Sasya

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lay-out and design of the paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo