My Robot's in the Newspaper!

Not so long ago I helped my kindy kids build a robot out of recycled boxes and containers.  It started with 4 nappy boxes, and grew upwards with a cerial box torso, egg carton arms, play-doh container buttons, a Daffy Duck box head, some baby food box ears and a curly Burrito Box fringe.  I seriously didn't think it would be seen outside of my room.  Our robot resided over in the corner overlooking the children as they ate their meals at the tables.  But the paper got wind of the robot, and our upcoming art Gala at the centre and well now my robot is famous (well as famous as a robot can get).  He does nothing more than provide entertainment to visitors, give out nutritional information on various foods and can fall on you if you breath to closely on him!   But he's famous, and he's in the newspaper - and that's all a robot really needs right!?  Who knew you could have so much fun with a bunch of boxes, some masking tape and a little imagination - my children should be so proud!  Go on - rummage around your pantry, you might have a robot just itching to climb out of there!!

5 comments

  1. Lol he is awesome, my son looked over my shoulder as i was reading & said WOW cool robot i think he sums it up well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That is so funny!!!! Can we have the Robots Autograph? LOL! The kids must of been so excited to see it in the newspaper. You did a definite great job on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is sooo cool! Wow what an imagination you and your kiddos have. That is awesome that it got mentioned in the paper too. You know you so have to preserve this memory in a LO. Thanks for sharing. Your box robot rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable is that! And so special to make the paper! And the clipping just gives you another thing to scrap! This worked ALL around!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo