Bling on the Glitter!

You can never have to much bling or glitter on your layout - I think, it just adds that little something extra, it catches your eye while you're reading some journalling, or as you are flicking through pages of your album something sparkles just enough to make you pause.  I love how Stickles can define edges and make the ordinary - extraordinary!

If you hadn't guessed it's Glitter and Bling week over at Practical Scrappers!

It's a little hard to see, but I've used some blinged up cardstock from Doodlebug in the background, a blingy title "laugh", and I've scattered around some rhinestones and water droplet stickers.






 
Here's a close-up of the flowers - I cut a green fabric flower in half and layered it, then tucked it behind the main paper flower.  I used a little cardstock circle that already had a pattern on it, and added some bling to the centre.  From the same pack of shapes I popped out some little butterflies.  I folded the wings slightly so they stood up from the layout and then stuck them down and added some sparkle to their wings.  The big circle behind the flowers is flocked and the pp behind that is embossed - I have lots of texture in this layout!  I used a range of adhesives from strips of double sided tape, 3D foam dots and photo splits.

 
The paper you see came already shaped, it's one of my favourite companys "My Little Shoebox".  You can see the water droplets in detail here, they look quite real.  I took advantage of the printed lines on the paper and journaled on them!

These photos are of Amber and Sophia playing in the paddling pool towards the end of summer.  They had so much fun splashing about, climbing in and out and collecting toys from the bath and throwing them in and out of the pool.  If you're wondering about Sophia's tattoo - it's a Maori symbol from Waitangi Day (The treaty of Waitangi in New Zealand, celebration day)
 
The inspiration for this layout came from a pagemap sketch that we are using on The Sassy Blinging Babes Blog

4 comments

  1. So precious are the pics and they layout is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute. great layout. gorgeous colors, great embellishments, beautiful photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way Cute!...Love the touches of bling! Awesome take on the Sketch Challenge & Thanks So Much For Participating Sarah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! this layout is adorable!!! What wonderful colors and the pp is fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo