Orange you glad you stayed indoors!

This week over at Practical Scrappers the theme is flowers! I love to use flowers on my layout, I fold them, stickle them, layer them - they are so versatile!

Who knew a bit of dust could change your whole world!! We had a massive dust storm a few months back that turned our entire world ORANGE! You could barely see the neighbours both over the road and around the corner, you couldn't see the sun and inside the house even looked orange. It was very alien, and slightly claustrophic - cause you couldn't even see the hills around us! Don't watch The Mist on an orange day like this!!

The photos haven't been re-touched. They look sepia, but this was truly how orange the dust was. It was whipped up by wind from out west and blew in for the day. There were lots of reports of the dust storm in Sydney (which is in NSW - south of us)

So I wanted to make my layout as orange as possible - which is an odd colour for me to work with! Here's some close-ups of the embellies:I halved a flower and used a prima and brad to adhere it to the layout - I also added some brown leaves. The pp is distressed and ripped in places to add texture.I used some fibers to wrap around the layout and hold the tag (which is raised on 3D foam squares.Here's the tag - I used my corner punch to create the rounded end. Then I doodled around the edge and added letter stickers.

2 comments

Heidi M said...

Hi Sarah! Love the layout you made for the flower challenge. Those orange photos are amazing! Love the way the flowers peek around the pictures too.

Heidi :)

Crystal said...

Sarah, Love the pictures and the title is great! LOL! I love how you framed using the folded flowers! Great idea! I love our DT!