The Spooks are Coming!

I love Halloween - we don't celebrate it here in Australia, but that doesn't stop the girls dressing up and us carving pumpkins!! I found a photo of Amber from a couple of years ago with her pumpkin Jack - she loved him so much he even went to school for the day! Here is the photo scrapped:
I had so much fun with this layout - first I cut a rough square from pp then scrunched it all up, flattened it out again and sanded it! The groves and points left from the scrunching gets caught on the sandpaper and turns white - it ended up looking like spider webs all over the paper!! I used a really strong adhesive to stick it to the Black Bazzill. The photo you see is an 8x10 that I turned into a mosaic. This is my first so I tried to do it traditional and it turned out so huge that it nearly didn't fit on the page - so this is what I came up with - I just turned the square slightly - and the finished product reminded me of those funky mirrors in a haunted house - perfect!! I kept the middle of the photo un-cut so it didn't detract from the gorgeous face of Amber. Then I chose some of my favourite Halloween prints and distressed, tore, and punched their edges. I sewed over one of the strips with gold stitching and added some felt pumpkins that I've had forever! I doodled around the picture in white and then decided it looked like spider web so I added a cute spider. The title is raised on pop dots and I've added some bling. There's also a tiny bat with boggly eyes in there too.

Here's some closeups:
You can see the scrunched paper, raised title and stitching a little better here - lots of texture and layering. I also distressed the edge of the pp in the bg with the edge of a pair of scissors for a rough look.
You can see the felt pumpkins here - you buy them by the meter and they're sticky on the back. Oh and I nearly forgot - I inked around the white mat behind the photo.

6 comments

Kelly B Rutherford said...

This is awesome!!! Love it!! Thanks for playing along with us at ScrapFIT!!

laterg8r said...

awesome, love the mosaic :D

Unknown said...

Wow! Love it Sarah! Great take on the challenge! Thanks for joining in! Hugs Pia

Katie said...

really great layout for the ScrapFIT challenge!

Groovy Deborah said...

Sarah this turned out great! No Halloween down there? What??? LOL! Maybe you should start something new in your hometown! Just think how you will be a part of History Girl!!!
Deb♥

Unknown said...

I love this layout!