Pop-Up Christmas Card

You may remember the pop-up hexagon ball that I made a little while ago - well I whipped up a small version in a card to show you all how you how it looks - it's nothing fancy (I was working on it at about 11.30pm last night to add to a post over at SB.com.
This card started off as a pre-bought plain white card - I simply trimmed it a little to make it smaller, then decorated the front. The trees are made from double sided pp, the stars are gold stickers, the green strips are left over Bazzill that I've stickled, and the "Be Merry" is a stamp. The ribbon you see is holding the card shut.
Slide off the ribbon and voila! The little ball pops up! I added some stickers mounted on white card and some holly and poinsettia primas for decoration - you could also add some tiny photos (My kodak prints 9 tiny pics per print - which would fit perfectly on this ball with a little trimming). The ball is secured to the card with a hidden brad.

I've had a thought too! You could create these balls - with photos - and add ribbon to hang them from your Christmas Tree! Then they pack flat for next year!

3 comments

  1. Your creations are simply wonderful! I'm always astonished at what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ornament idea -- I may try that for gifts, too! Thanks so much for the tutorial on the explosion circle album. I made one and posted it over at my blog, www.jsvh.blogspot.com with a link back to your tutorial. Great work, I will be back -- love your stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo