Here you can see the "ribbon" I created is adhered with a couple of staples (top and bottom), I cut and distressed the wing of the bird, doodled around the shaped paper that I created myself, and scallop punched several strips of the blue cardstock and layered them. I also added stickles to the pp and the birds eye for sparkle.
I don't know what that little fastner is called but I was given it by a friend years ago - I pulled some "sweet & sassy" ribbon through it and fastened it with a butterfly brad. You can see the distressing a little better here.
Note: I also doodled the title myself. I really need to find some good letter stamps!