Books anyone?

So I'm having a bit of a spring clean in my scrap studio and have decided (after much thought) that I'm going to give my magazines to a new home. At one point I actually had the very first CK magazine and everyone since then! No I don't like to throw them away - at $10 a pop I figure I want to get as much use out of them as I can. I have meticulously tabbed pages for ideas and for layouts I've used as inspiration - but I've found a new love - challenge & sketch blogs - not only do they not take up room on my shelves, but I get to see dozens of other people's take on the same layout and get even more ideas (oh and they're free and so much more fun)! So I am going through each and every magazine I own, ripping out the articles on cards, layouts and projects that I love and have filed them into 3 separate folders for future use (my head is already bursting from inspiration!) The pile you see at left is my "done" pile, and would you believe this is only half the magazines I own! These ones date back to 2005! I just can't throw them out!

5 comments

  1. So what will you do with them? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. purge - i always tear out what i am inspired by and recycle them to my sister! now you have more space for more scrap stash LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning on taking them down to work for the girls to read on their lunch break - there's a few scrappers there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love CK. I just got into s'booking last year. I'd love to see the real old 1s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is quite the pile :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo