A little bit of fairy dust

Here is a photo of Amber just before we left to see Disney Princesses on Ice, it was taken in our front yard (since we are renovating our backyard).This layout was created for the "Scrap the girls" Challenge over at SB.com - I had to use one photo only, a large flower and some small ones. I cut my large flower in half and folded the pieces to create wings - then added a button and fairy wand to create a butterfly. I used little primas underneith. The ribbon looks so much better IRL, so I've taken some close-ups for you to see:It's organza ribbon, which fluffs up really nice, and I used my sewing machine to stitch it to the layout. I also used only one piece of pp for the base of the layout - I simply cut it almost down the middle and then turned one of the pieces over - instant co-ordinating cardstock! I added two strips of pp down the middle and zig-zag stitched them to the layout.Here's a closeup of tink - you can see her sparkles from her wand easier here - and her little pom-pom slippers.

4 comments

  1. this is so cute!! i love that u gave us detailed shots. tink is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked awesome and girly layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the layering in your projects and how each item placed has purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg - i hopped on over from maggi's blog interview of you and love this LO! love your style! i am now your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo