Fun in the Sun

The Sassy Blinging Babes are having a summer themed Monthly Challenge this month! Yes this was a challenge - since it's winter, but I did dig up a wood word album that I bought on sale ages ago - and found a use for it! I used photos from our trip to Southbank. For those that don't know, Southbank is in the middle of Brisbane and of course is located on "the south bank" of the Brisbane river - it was the original spot for Expo 88. Now there are shops, hotels, cafes, boardwalks, pubs, restaurants, markets and a man made lagoon - complete with sand and palms! The requirements for the summer project were to use the theme "summer" and also to try and include some sand, sea and shells - well I did that! Thanks to my trusty hot glue gun. Okay here is my word mini album:I used lots of summery papers, sprinkled sand along the bottom and added starfish and shells. There are also acetate pages that I added, so that I had somewhere to write my journalling.

Lots of bright ribbons on 5 rings that hold the album together.

I doodled lines around the photos to give them borders, the flowers are stickers and have sparkles in the middle (my bling).

I co-ordinated the pages so that the facing pages matched - there is sparkles in the penguins hula skirts too!

You can just see the acetate page with journalling on it, I also added a blue bikini, thongs, sunscreen and more flowers.

Note: The word book comes as bare wood, and no rings - I painted each piece white first, then adhered the papers and sanded the edges.

4 comments

  1. Sarah- That is so cool! I'm going to have to try something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked awesome album, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI,
    what a great album - so nice!
    Many greetings
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply adorable!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo