Sunshine in a card

Here is the last card for the July Card Challenge - we had to use a sketch:
and then create our card. Here's how mine turned out:


I used the butterfly paper and cut it into strips. Then I sanded them a little before adding them to the orange Bazzill (base of card). I trimmed some orange ribbon and sealed the ends (to stop fraying) and adheared them to the ard. I used a scrap of vellum with "friend" themed words on it, then topped the ard with a daisy, butterfly and stamp. Oh and I doodled around the edge of the pp. The center of the flower is a disc of yellow card with crystals glued on top - it sparkles nicely IRL. The sentiment strip is raised on 3D foam tape and the butterfly was a small diecut that I adheared with tape in the middle then I raised the wings.

For the rest of the weekend, we spent it over at our friends place, making pizza from scratch - Amber loved this and I have photos coming of her creation! We played Wii, Monopoly (real & Wii), and some Mini Golf. It was wonderfully relaxing although, I ended up terribly sick from the alcohol - smack self in head! It's taken me over 24 hours to get over it - no headache just terribly ill and dizzy - how old do I feel!

We've also had the digger in to remove the excess dirt in our backyard and the days have been crisp but clear so the water has pretty much all evaporated from the trench! Yay!

4 comments

  1. great card!

    I am now a follower to both your blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo