An altered kind of Sleeping Beauty...

Our challenge for the month of June over at SB.com is to alter a frame - I've never done this before, so it really was a challenge. I did know the them that I wanted to go with though - Sleeping Beauty. Here it is, the before and after:
It was the most boring frame, when I picked it up at Spotlight. I really wasn't happy with it at all, but it was cheap and I was altering it anyway. It's a box frame of 8x10 photo size. I bought all the sleeping beauty pieces from Photo Continental, I was going to use die-cuts but saw these and really wanted the animals and Flora, Fauna & Merryweather (the fairies). I added the organza roses (because Sleeping Beauty is called Briar Rose at the beginning of the story), and I added lavender, doodling, bling and stickles. I also painted the frame with pink and then white paint and sanded it back for a soft look. The front of the frame has been covered with Doodlebug paper.

The lavendar, with an organza rose - I popped some stickles in the middle. You can also see some doodling and Sleeping Beauty's crown.

Ahh the dress - adhered at the back with 3D foam tape.

I wanted to show you how I created the hills in 3D. I adhered the first hill (in dark green) directly to the glass with clear sticky dots. Then I added the second hill (in light green) to the actual frame. I distressed the edge for a grass look. I also found some magical star dust stickers and added them along with the animals (the bunnies are in the Prince's boots). The paper was attached to the frame using a spray on adhesive, and then the edges were sanded.

So there you have it - my first altered frame!

2 comments

  1. Awesome frame! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Sarah it is amazing, you are so talented...I would love to be able to do that, my oldest daughter is hooked on tinkerbell, but I am not that creative :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo