Starting Sophia's Album at the Beginning...

I've been doing layouts of Sophia for a little bit now, but haven't started her first layouts, you know the ones of her being born, in hospital, coming home - that sort of thing? Well, now she has her own album, I'm starting at the beginning. I really wanted to get the journalling side of the scrapping done, because as time goes on I'm going to forget things. I've written pregnancy journals for both of my girls - Amber's is huge as I was at home all the time, where as Sophia's is more sporadic and only really has information on major events. Either way, I have them, and will be transferring them to a DVD disc that will be put in both of their albums - Sophia's will also have all her 3D & 4D ultrasound pictures and video. Luckily I had a video of Amber when I was 18weeks pregnant with her so I'll have to find a way to get it put on DVD so it lasts. So without further ado here is the beginnng:The black outline is not part of the layout - it's simply there to show the layout edges because it's a white page. I just had to scrap the two most beautiful lines ever made. I created the journalling box, the arrows and the little frame around the HPT. I turned the ribbon over to create curls and fastened them with brads. I also added some little dots of Stickles to the dotted pp for sparkle. I've also include my earliest scans of Sophia - taken at 10 weeks, it was a dating scan to see is she was there - and thank gosh she was, her little twinkling heart was very clear - and the sonographer even showed us her "packed lunch" the yolk sac.

This closeup shows the flowers better and the ribbon curls.

This was the day Sophia was born - the most amazing day of my life! All the doctor kept saying was "you're doing well" and I'm like "I'm not doing a thing, just laying here waiting for my princess!" Just so you know the daisy's (Amber's choice) arn't on my actual layout, they are simply there to give Sophia modesty. I also had the photos printed in b/w so that they wouldn't look so graphic. She was a little squeeler, not at all happy to be out in a cold room with nothin' on! I journalled this layout on the computer because of the amount of journalling, I thought it would look neater and fit better printed. Both of the layouts were inspired by layouts that I have seen at 2Peas.

And since Amber and I were having a pizza and scrap night (Jas is in the city with the boys from work) Amber also made a layout on her trip to Dreamworld
Everything you see here was done by Amber - I let her go on her own this time, trimming, cutting, everything. She used a Page Map for inspiration and ideas. (Oh and her pencil lines have now been erased) This photo was actually taken over 2 years ago - Amber loved that Patrick stole her hat and put it way up on his head.
Well now I'm off to watch telly with my girl - Sophia is sound asleep....

3 comments

  1. Awesome layouts Sarah! Amber did a wicked awesome job too! You have a totally talented little scrapper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts of Sophia! Amber is turning into one talented scrapper. She learned from the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweetness! i love that u are in to storytelling! thats my kind of scrapper! psssst! lightroom lets u download it 3 times b4 the 30 day trial actually runs out. tee hee.
    dont feel bad they only do it to get you hooked and it works.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo