Up to my ears in nappies!...

Never thought I would be surrounded by nappies again, much less creating them. But I have had the pleasure of creating my cutest baby shower invitations yet for my BFF Amy:There are twenty of these little "babies", all hand cut with bazill cardstock outside and Rusty Pickle PP inside, all lovingly sewn together, and with dark or light blue brads as little snaps on the front. I remember when mum used to make up the nappies for my brother (sorry Nick for mentioning you and nappies in the same sentence!) and they had a little white liner down the middle - well that's how I presented the invitation information. The little picture on the front is of a baby porcupine - which is Amy's nickname for bubby. Couldn't believe my luck when I found that little picture. It's actually from a story book. I printed them up and cut them out using my CM oval cutter and then ran 20 of them through my Xyron to make them stickers. Then once the invite was complete I added a map. I also let Amy know that we could put a strip of stick-on magnet on the back so that the invites can be put on the fridge!
The design of the nappy is my own that I drew and tweaked. Try as I might I couldn't find one online - would love to see some others though! Okay, I'm off to bed. Still fighting off this horrid cold/infection/headache.....

2 comments

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo