Hi I'm Sarah, and I'm addicted....

Yep I'm addicted to altering things - honestly nothing is safe now! I was looking through a DVD store today when I found these neat little tins that you are supposed to put your DVD's in - nah uh! Not me, I instantly had ideas of what they were better used for:Yeah sorry Mr Bourne - you have to go... I made this little tin so that I could make mini layouts to have on my scrapping desk (or in my new office) of photos that I really love, instead of them being hidden away in my albums. All I had to do was paint the tin around the edges to hide some of the black paint, choose some cute papers and embellies and voila! Inside it reminds me of a locker:I have used an actual picture hook on the right side. I secured it with two brads - I thought the little heart in the middle was perfect for this. Each mini layout has a hole in the top to hang from the hook. On the left side I created a strip of paper which is secured with double sided foam tape, so I can store my layouts there as I make new ones, and then I can pick and choose which layout I want displayed. Another cool idea is to add a tiny monthly calendar to the layout, this way you have a calendar for your room or desk.
Other than crafting, Jas took me out for lunch and a movie today as tomorrow is our 8th wedding anniversary and we'll both be at work. He's such a sweetie. Amber played with a friend for the day while we were on our "date".

3 comments

  1. Hi Sarah,

    Gorgeous again.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Take Care,
    Shelley.
    www.scrapbooking4less.com.au
    Check out our Forum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great altering !!

    Cute blog, I love your banner !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo